HOW TO KILL THE COMPETITION WITH THE FOURTH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Day after day your client becomes more demanding.
He does not only want the pieces, but he wants the “Data”.
THE DATA? YOU MUST BE WONDERING ….
But, I do deal with quality, what more does he want?
Then you convince him to give up.
Perhaps with a little discount to calm him down…
BUT THERE IS A PROBLEM!
Your client is not satisfied, he wants more and you find he is like a millstone, always insisting on getting more compared to his competitors.
Not seeing you react to his needs, the same client starts to look about for new suppliers who are may be more equipped, or that understand his needs better.
Then to prevent it happening again you get the certification, you start to make paper and finally your client is satisfied.
BUT THERE IS A PROBLEM!
It only takes a bit and he will be there again…
… IT’S NOT ENOUGH FOR HIM!
He will start writing again, saying that your process is perfect, that you are nice and the best, but he is only trying to replace you, so you have to react before it is too late.
WHAT DOES THE CLIENT WANT PRECISELY?
HE WANTS YOU TO START REVOLUTION 4.0!
When I started making my solutions part of a factory 4.0, I even didn’t understand the importance of what I was doing.
But after a while, it wasn’t difficult to understand that….
THE FACTORY 4.0 IS THE NEW INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION!
All industrial revolutions have changed the way we live and I’m really excited to say that PERSONALLY I’m making the new industrial revolution.
The first revolution was all about the steam engine, the second was about electricity, the third about electronics
… Today we are making the revolution of information, The Internet of Things
I will try to explain a little better.
The factory of the future will be completely automated and the machinery will communicate with each other to get a variable and intelligent production flow.
The factory will auto-set according to what is needed, where the machines will do the most intelligent thing by giving you what you want at the lowest cost.
Nowadays it is still not possible to do all this. But we are working on it.
We are putting the first brick in order to build a big cathedral.
No one knows whether by building the cathedral it will take 10 years or more, but the certain thing is that there are many architects who design and many masons at work.
Today we have access to much processed information and can make it so that it self-adjusts and improves by itself.
ALL WONDERFUL…. BUT IT WILL COSTS A FORTUNE
With a 4.0 machine you will have a thousand possibilities.
Right inside it, the machine has different processors.
- One in the robot
- One in the PLC
- One in the PC
- One in each sensor/detector
- One in each multiple socket adaptor of the sensors
In THE TRADITIONAL MACHINES these processors “speak” together by means of a FEW digital SIGNALS
HOW DOES A TRADITIONAL MACHINE WORK?
The sensor reads, a electric signal goes to the PLC, the plc generates another electric signal and then something happens.
Everything is centralized, each signal goes to the PLC and this runs the whole machine.
And it works likes that for more than 30 years … everything works
BUT THERE IS A PROBLEM!
Today I can offer you more.
I can simply connect each processor through a profibus.
Nowadays on my 4.0 solution, each sensor does not send an electrical signal anymore but sends information.
The real revolution is that the information will not only go to the PLC, but it can also go directly to the actuator or to your tablet.
The whole machine is wired with a reduced number
of wires and everything is connected to a bus.
To make a metaphor, in a traditional machine the components talk to each other, saying YES and NO, in the 4.0 industry each component talks to each other like a very big WHATSAPP group:
- they send pictures
- vocal messages
- endless messages
Every component speaks to the other, the others listen and when they hear something interesting, they intervene in the discussion.
A big discussion with the aim of better operating the factory.
This great advantage allows much more information from the machine:
- You can have a constant and precise control of your process.
- You can share information between machines.
RENDER YOUR PRODUCTION LINE INTELLIGENT
What would change in your life with one of my 4.0 machines?
For example from your tablet you can:
- Check the die casting parameter of each press (the data your client asks for)
- See the piece code in production for all your presses (other data..)
- Change the deburring parameters according to the current temperature of the piece.
- Store all die cast information, the duty cycle and send them to the client together with the pieces.
- Know exactly and in real time the efficiency of your machines.
- Reduce, control in a timely manner the compressed air consumption and automatically reset the compressors.
- Undertake preventive maintenance.
- Reduce the number of the workers who undertake the maintenance.
- Make sure that if the mould heats above certain parameters the cycle automatically changes itself.
- Save the pictures of each data – matrix on the client’s server.
- Save pictures of the piece checked by the machine.
- Easily reconfigure the machine.
These are milions of information revolutionizing your way of life.
Maybe, they seem far from you, but for me they are quite normal.
Do you remember when we used FAX?
Today it looks like a vintage object, to display in a museum.
It seems a century since we did not use it anymore.
Day after day, I wonder how I ever communicated via FAX.
How could we live without Internet?
The 4.0 industry is the revolution of the Internet of Things.
Today we communicate by using the smartphone and are preparing the complete connection between machines.
Today the 4.0 factory is a corporate that is growing and multiplying.
Many clients are installing this technology and are appreciating the results.
They increase the production, really control the process, and retain the client.
In two words: they are looking to the future and making themself indispensable……
… THEY ARE KLLING THE COMPETITION!
If you go on working with the traditional machines:
- You will lose the clients, because you cannot give them, together with the aluminium pieces, the information they need.
- You do not know what happens in your factory
- You lose money in unnecessary costs.
On the other hand with the Casting-automation system:
- Intelligent machine
- Processing information to share in the factory
- Self-fitting robot cycle
- Easy re-configurability future.